Islamic Development Bank /
IsDB STI Prize $400,000
Scientists who have accomplished outstanding achievements, which are reported as major technological innovation and scientific advancement to sustainable development benefitting the member countries and/or Muslim communities in non-member countries are eligible to apply for the Prize.
- zero hunger
- good health and well-being
- quality education
- clean water and sanitation
- affordable and clean energy
- industry innovation and infrastructure
In line with the President’s Five-Year Plan, which aims to transform the Bank into a first-class institution of developers by being “Proactive” in offering comprehensive development solutions, the Bank has re-designed its Science & Technology Prize to give more emphasis on the impact of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) in advancing social and economic development by encouraging competition among all members of society in Member Countries, in identifying and applying scientific and innovative solutions to key development challenges.
The new IsDB Prize for STI is intended to reward outstanding achievements made by scientists over the past 15 years, which are reported as major technological innovation and scientific advancement to sustainable development benefitting member countries and/or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
Such achievements are expected to include, the following:
- Outstanding scientific or technological contribution to the socio-economic development of MCs, including contribution to the improvement of market value chains and strengthening of STI capacity;
- Inventions of important and innovative breakthrough technologies that contributed to finding solutions to major developmental challenges addressed by SDGs related to key sectors: Agriculture/Food Security, Health, Education, Water and Sanitation, Energy, and Industry and Infrastructure;
- Projects involving innovative technologies that have contributed to the improvement of the socio-economic status and well-being of society;
- Innovative and high-quality scientific research with key outcomes contributing to addressing development challenges and/or advancement of scientific and technological achievement. The research outcome can involve a substantial revision or modification of a scientific/technological principle or procedure, or an important improvement to a relevant area of science & technology.
Procedures for applying to the IsDB-Prize
- All nominations must be received from STI related organizations including ministries, innovation hubs & incubators, Technology centers, universities, research & development centers and must be supported by recommendations from three well known scientific referees.
- Eligible scientists via their nominating entity must apply for the prize by filling in the online application form accessible by clicking on the above button "APPLY NOW ".
- The applications must be accompanied by detailed information demonstrating, among others, the requested information and supported by illustrative media means (e.g. photos, videos, demos etc.).